• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POINT RETURN [Community Remix Project]
Lightbulb 
EDIT: Hey, update: efebomorto and I have decided to try and turn this into a sort of open community project that runs under the name Point Return. We think it'd be a cool way to bring the creative part of this community closer together to try and create an instrumental Remix Album to Point Oblivion (or even songs from the Widow). I would love seeing everyone feeling invited to join and create and bring in their ideas and feel part of this thing.

Please feel free to share anything you want in here, own ideas, remixes, critique, if you need help with programs/finding BPM, tabs etc! efebomorto is currently working on ideas for a possible artwork.

[Image: DED2_ME.jpg]

Here's Ded2_Me

Original Post:

Point Oblivion has been compared to Hybrid Theory/Meteora-era Linkin Park a lot. Hybrid Theory was the album that intoduced me like many others to heavy music and inspired me to ditch the piano to pick up a guitar instead. Reanimation inspired me to ditch genre barriers and to rework ideas. I feel like most songs on Point Oblivion are hits and most of them can be reworked in a similar way songs from Hybrid Theory (album and EP; H1 Vltg3 and My<Dsmbr were amazing) were remixed for Reanimation

I'm trying to create my own Reanimation for Point Oblivion. I'm obviously lacking the acapellas.
But here's Mmry>M5eum

[Image: MMRY-M5EUM.jpg]

I'm going to try and do instrumental remixes for some other Point Oblivion tracks and post them here
[Image: signature.jpg]
you better leave. more watchers are bound to come.
Thumbs Up 
(10-28-2017, 08:18 AM)sebastianlux Wrote: Point Oblivion has been compared to Hybrid Theory/Meteora-era Linkin Park a lot. Hybrid Theory was the album that intoduced me like many others to heavy music and inspired me to ditch the piano to pick up a guitar instead. Reanimation inspired me to ditch genre barriers and to rework ideas. I feel like most songs on Point Oblivion are hits and most of them can be reworked in a similar way songs from Hybrid Theory (album and EP; H1 Vltg3 and My<Dsmbr were amazing) were remixed for Reanimation

I'm trying to create my own Reanimation for Point Oblivion. I'm obviously lacking the acapellas.
But here's Mmry>M5eum

[Image: MMRY-M5EUM.jpg]

I'm going to try and do instrumental remixes for some other Point Oblivion tracks and post them here

A cool initiative and a great result! As a big Darke Complex and Linkin Park fan, I'm loving this! This one's a great one to chill/study to. Keep up the amazing work!  Happywide
I be where the black mold grow
Away
I love what you did with the album artwork! & also HOLY SHIT!! You sir, have a real talent!! Well done!!
really dope, assuming the guitars are live and not sampled from the original?
Yooooo this is dope as hell! I love what you did with it!
WE PLAY THE MELODY OF LIES
Hey, update: efebomorto and I have decided to try and turn this into a sort of open community project that runs under the name Point Return. We think it'd be a cool way to bring the creative part of this community closer together to try and create an instrumental Remix Album to Point Oblivion (or even songs from the Widow). I would love seeing everyone feeling invited to join and create and bring in their ideas and feel part of this thing.
Please feel free to share anything you want in here, own ideas, remixes, critique, if you need help with programs/finding BPM, tabs etc! efebomorto is currently working on ideas for a possible artwork and I'm working on a remix to Dead To Me

(10-29-2017, 11:07 AM)cardboardidols Wrote: Yooooo this is dope as hell! I love what you did with it!
(10-28-2017, 12:27 PM)VitorRocha Wrote: I love what you did with the album artwork! & also HOLY SHIT!! You sir, have a real talent!! Well done!!

Thanks so much, I'm glad you enjoy it!

(10-29-2017, 10:15 AM)lilpout Wrote: really dope, assuming the guitars are live and not sampled from the original?

Thanks! I recorded the guitars myself. Unfortunately I don't believe it's possible to isolate guitar tracks from songs without having the project files.
(10-29-2017, 12:35 PM)sebastianlux Wrote: Hey, update: efebomorto and I have decided to try and turn this into a sort of open community project that runs under the name Point Return. We think it'd be a cool way to bring the creative part of this community closer together to try and create an instrumental Remix Album to Point Oblivion (or even songs from the Widow). I would love seeing everyone feeling invited to join and create and bring in their ideas and feel part of this thing.
Please feel free to share anything you want in here, own ideas, remixes, critique, if you need help with programs/finding BPM, tabs etc! efebomorto is currently working on ideas for a possible artwork and I'm working on a remix to Dead To Me

(10-29-2017, 11:07 AM)cardboardidols Wrote: Yooooo this is dope as hell! I love what you did with it!
(10-28-2017, 12:27 PM)VitorRocha Wrote: I love what you did with the album artwork! & also HOLY SHIT!! You sir, have a real talent!! Well done!!

Thanks so much, I'm glad you enjoy it!

(10-29-2017, 10:15 AM)lilpout Wrote: really dope, assuming the guitars are live and not sampled from the original?

Thanks! I recorded the guitars myself. Unfortunately I don't believe it's possible to isolate guitar tracks from songs without having the project files.

Bro!!!! Thats SUCH a dope idea! Sadly I'm not talented enough to remix anything, but I would love to see what some of the fans can do!
[Image: DED2_ME.jpg]

Here's Ded2_Me

(10-29-2017, 02:06 PM)VitorRocha Wrote: Bro!!!! Thats SUCH a dope idea! Sadly I'm not talented enough to remix anything, but I would love to see what some of the fans can do!

Thanks and me too! I hope everyone feels encouraged and welcome to participate in some way or another
hey guys. i love this idea, and i really want to have a fan-sourced remix comp for point oblivion. this is something i'll have to take up with our label, but it's definitely a really cool idea that we've talked about for years! i have all the stems on my hard drive ;)
(10-29-2017, 07:43 PM)vincentevoid Wrote: hey guys. i love this idea, and i really want to have a fan-sourced remix comp for point oblivion. this is something i'll have to take up with our label, but it's definitely a really cool idea that we've talked about for years! i have all the stems on my hard drive ;)

Absolutely love this! There's support for it.

I'd also like to say that the album art you've all made is choice.
— Tregg
@treggify