• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Program is for me?
Hey I have just been getting into producing and stuff. I've played guitar and piano for a few years and I want to produce. I have a mac and use garage band and I'm pretty good at it. But I want to get a much better computer program to use than garageband. So since I have a mac and I love to make both metal and rap, what programs are the best for me.
(10-28-2017, 03:05 PM)Darkenoah998 Wrote: Hey I have just been getting into producing and stuff. I've played guitar and piano for a few years and I want to produce. I have a mac and use garage band and I'm pretty good at it. But I want to get a much better computer program to use than garageband. So since I have a mac and I love to make both metal and rap, what programs are the best for me.

Heya! I don't really know many of that kind of software but FL Studio seems to be popular and a good one! When I was younger I used to play around with Mixcraft but I don't know if that one lives up to what you need.
I be where the black mold grow
Away
Hi! It depends a little bit on what you wanna make. Like you stated you like making metal and rap so something like FL Studio would not be ideal and Mixcraft, whilst being usable and decent for someone just starting out as soon as you're able to move onto something better you should.

I personally use Cubase and PreSonus Studio One, pimarily using the latter at the moment.

I would recommend Cubase, the price might be a bit steep but you pay for quality and with Cubase you get nothing but it. PreSonus is absolutely fantastic but might be a bit daunting to people starting out since the UI and way the DAW is set up and functions is a bit more complicated.
reaper is very good to start on , I use that and FL studio. its all user preference though there's not one that's superior to another.